Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

So...it has been a while but life has been busy and full of excitement.  I am very excited about the new year and what it will hold.  So, let me start with an update.  Lauren is growing so much in the last month.  She is now potty trained, stopped napping and has quit using her paci.  Yes, she is officially a big girl.  Of course, she is still my Drama Mama but we are working through the temper tantrums one tantrum at a time.  It is encouraging when I see Audrey and see how much she has grown and then I realize that the tantrums will eventually stop...God Willing!  Lauren has also started gymnastics.  You should have seen her eyes when I said that she will be doing gymnastics.  She was so very happy to be out there like her big sister that she has been watching for so long.  Now for Audrey, who is so kind and giving to her little sister.  She can diffuse Lauren like no one else in the family.  She is amazing!  She is learning how to communicate better and it is a hoot!  I just love that she is trying to tell jokes.  I must admit they are not funny and often I am lost at what exactly is the punch line but I love and admire that she keeps trying.  Kris is doing great.  He loves what he does and it shows.  I cannot be more proud of him.  He got recognized as one of the top 500 Financial Managers in the Texas Monthly again for 2011.  I am still amazed that he picked me to be his wife.  As far as an update for me, well I have started interning with Barbara Berry, a photographer from Legacy Studios on Saturdays.  It has been such a joy for me.  I am learning so much that it is often difficult for me to put into practice all that she has taught me. I am so grateful that she is so patient with me and that she sees potential in my work as a photographer.  I do plan on launching my own photography business sometime this year.  I may postpone until Audrey starts kindergarten but we will see.  So now you are all caught up. I do appreciate that there are those who are interested in what is going on with me and my family.  I am hoping that I will be able to post more but it is a challenge since the girls have me running to keep up with them.  So...below are some pics from the past couple of months.

The best shot from Kris's Surprise Bday Party and as you can see from the smile on his face...He was very happy.  I love it when I can make him smile!

Audrey hanging ornaments as we are getting ready for Christmas.

Lauren hanging ornaments for Christmas.

Lauren looking so grown up!

Christmas cookie time.  My sister made the BEST Christmas cookies this year.  She had given us the dough and they were AMAZING!  Oh...I love this shot because of Audrey's face in the background.  She just loves her little sis...

And of course...Lauren loves cookies!  Oh yes, I did make that apron.  Thanks to Bonnie!

I hosted a neighborhood Christmas Party for the kiddos on our street and here are the girls showing off all that they received from each other.

Here are the boys showing off their gifts they received.

I had braided Audrey's hair the night before and she loved the waviness to it and asked me to take her picture.  She is so lovely.

Christmas pictures...

Love this shot!

This one...oh it takes the cake! 



This is from our Happy Birthday Jesus Party, which is on Christmas Eve.  She received a dollar from Grandma Bonnie and was showing it off.

Lauren got a new dress and as you can see from the pretty pose face...she was so very happy about her gift.

This shot cracks me up because it is an example of the playful nature Audrey is developing.  She makes me laugh daily! 

Christmas morning...

I love how Audrey goes for the envelope first.  She received a letter from Mrs Claus and you can tell she was really hoping this was a letter from the big man himself.  But...it was really a gift for Mama.  

LOVE the excitement on Lauren's face.  This is Christmas magic!

So cute...

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope and pray that the new year will be a year full of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh girl your babies are getting so big! Such wonderful pictures! Everyone looks so great!

    Michelle (of course)xoxox

    ReplyDelete