Thursday, April 14, 2011

Trying to capture spring

So, yesterday I went with my dear friend to capture spring by taking pictures of the girls and her son, Sam in wildflowers.  Edith had suggested we go to this gated community that she remembers there being some great wildflowers.  Well, we loaded up and I took all of my photography stuff even with some props in hopes of getting some shots similar to that of Barbara Uil of Jinky Art Photography.  Well, there were so many things that went wrong...I seriously doubted that photography is the right path for me.  But below were the best shots of the attempt.  Hopefully Edith will play along with me and let me try again next week.  Oh...the pains of learning!!!

This was my dear Lauren feeling the wind.  I really think this is a sweet shot, I just wish I could have gotten Lauren to look at me.  She was having a VERY, VERY difficult day.

Audrey is picking some flowers.  She was in heaven getting to pick as many flowers as she wanted.

Again, I like the look of this shot but I wish she was looking at me!  Of course, if I would have changed out my lens I could have gotten a better shot of her sweet face.

Audrey sitting in the pretty flowers.  This shot was before I pulled out my diffuser!  Once, I pulled it out and began to use it...I later realized that Lauren got my camera and changed some settings.  So, after this shot...about 30 were all awful!  Lesson learned...check the LCD screen more frequently!  Especially with children that were not having a good day!

This shot was taken with the use of the diffuser.  The only reason this shot looks somewhat nice it is only because Audrey was so still.  She is a great model when she wants to...

Here I am trying to implement props that coordinate with the girls dresses.  Basically, trying to emulate Barbara's techniques.  The lesson learned here...change the lens!!!

Sam...Isn't he so handsome!  I was trying out the gold reflector and I really like the effect on his face and eyes.  
Of course...this is what Sam really wanted to wear for the photo shoot and it was a MUST that we got a picture of this shirt!  Amen Brother!  

Thanks again Edith for enduring my girls as they melted down one after the other.  Hopefully we can try again next week.  

Everyone else...have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh please don't ever give up! You have an amazing talent and I'm so proud of how far you've come. Little bumps in the road such as this will only make you better. I'm just so lucky and grateful to partake in any practice shoots!

    BTW, I adore the pics of Sam! And of the girls, of course. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete