Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Music and Golf

There are days when I look at my camera and say to myself...why bother.  This usually happens after I work really hard to have a good shoot with the girls that ends up failing miserably, like the last week.  Then yesterday the girls were doing their typical things...playing and being in the moment.  And that my friends, is when magic happens!  So, Audrey's dear friend Paige came over and the girls started playing music together while Paige sang.  Then each would take a turn at center stage for time on the mic.  It was so much fun to see the girls working together and playing.  I secretly wished I was 5 so I could join in the fun!  But...instead settled for being Mama and taking loads of pictures.  Not all are great but the pressure was off to take beautiful pictures but to capture a memory.  Thanks girls for reminding why I begin the journey of photography...
Here is a typical picture of the PACI addiction!  Oh...breaking this habit is going to be so hard on this Mama and little Lauren!  But that is for another day...

Here is Lauren doing her best Recorder Performance.  I love the relaxed nature of her feet crossed.

Here is sweet Paige encouraging her to keep going.

Paige showing off her singing talents and Lauren taking notes. 

Audrey showing off that she has rhythm yes indeed.

Love this shot of them two playing music together and how Lauren is taking in how her big sister is tearing up the Recorder!  

This is a bit out of focus but I love the girl-y-ness of Audrey's singing!

Here is the band all working together!  Too CUTE!

Lauren...really feeling the music!

Oh yes...it is her turn on the mic and she is here to rock this party!

Later on, Kris, the girls and I went outside to hit golf balls around in our back yard and I thought I would try to capture it.  It is just so great to see the girls connecting with Kris.
Here is Lauren doing her best to just hit the ball...She really does not care where she hits it as long as she hits it!

This is usually when we have them move to the opposite sides of the yard just to minimize accidents.

Lauren going to line herself up for a shot.

Kris working with Lauren to give her a ball to hit.

Check out this girls straight arm.  I believe this is good form...but I am NOT the golfer in my family.  Oh and the ball that is behind her is not the ball she was aiming for...

Look at her lining up her club to the ball.  Kris is so proud of her.

Then Lauren asks Daddy to push her around the patio and Kris always ready to help out when ever it is possible!  He is such a great dad!
Well, I know it is a lot of pictures to post but yesterday felt really good and the pictures are not great but I feel good when I see them and sometimes that is the true purpose of taking pictures...to capture a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment