Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Finish Line!

If you know me then you know I love the thrill of finishing.  I know there are those who love to start but finishing, well it is a challenge but for me, finishing is where it is at!  I love it!  Well, below are some pictures of my finished bedroom and bathroom.  As my friend Edith says, you must go slowly when decorating and that things will come together as they are supposed to, but after so many years of not having a bedroom or bathroom that I was proud of...well, I consider what I have done, the finish line! 

It may be hard to tell, but the walls are a light blue.  Kris would say it is too light but, I think it is perfect.  The big thing to notice is the headboard, yes I painted the headboard and footboard all by myself.  I am so proud...
Yes, painted that dresser too.  Can you believe I got this free when I was in college and it is still going strong.  For those wanting to know...I got it 14 years ago.  Yes, I am very cheap!
These panels I got from Bed Bath and Beyond for $30 for each panel and they were my inspiration point...well, that is what Edith says.  She really was the one that gave me the confidence to do these changes.  Thanks Edith!  And...yes Edith, I do know that there is more to do for the bedroom and I am ready for the next finish line!
Bathroom...I live in a old house and the bathroom is really small.  This is looking at a clock that is on the newly painted walls with a small look at the new medicine cabinet.  I know you may be thinking...white...what is the big deal?  To my shame...they were a really ugly purple for 8 years.  Yes, purple with old yellow tile...I am still so embarrassed!  
This is a shot through the new mirror looking at the opposite wall.
This is the new shower curtain that I got for the newly painted walls but this shot really shows that the ceiling in this room has been repaired.
This is a shot of a banner I did last year and hung it my living room.  In this house we put the Thanks in Thanksgiving.  No Christmas decorations until after the Turkey is cooked!  :)
Of course, while I am taking pictures of the new changes in the house, I find Lauren surrounded by books in her and Audrey's room.  I remember when Audrey used to do the same thing.  I just love this age!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment