Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MOLA Visit

We are so fortunate to live in a place that has a wonderful zoo.  They have an exhibit called MOLA, which means Museum Of Living Art.  So, I packed up the girls and we went to see some snakes and stuff.  I picked this place for two reasons...first, because I wanted to work with Lauren on staying with us while she walks around.  This has a closed in space and lots of turns to keep her somewhat contained.  The second reason,  I wanted to work on a new goal of mine which is to get pictures of the girls...together!  These two go in the opposite direction every chance they get so to get them in the same picture frame...well it is a challenge.  Today's shots are not great because it is quite dark in the MOLA and...well...I make it difficult on myself with these crazy ideas that I try to implement with out really thinking it through.  Well, below are some shots I got today.
Lauren looking cute and excited to be out of the stroller.  
Audrey checking out one of the Alligators in this huge tank.  You can see the tail of another alligator where Audrey's hands are on the tank. 
Audrey giving me a sweet smile.  This is rare occurrence since she typically will not give me a smile when my camera is in hand.  
Lauren was so enjoying being out of her stroller.  She would run up to a glass exhibit point at the glass, giggle, then run off to the next exhibit.
I have about 20 shots like this...
I love this shot because I have a few shots of me as a little one that look just like this.  They don't make phones like these anymore.  
Audrey petting a Milk Snake.  I love her curiosity.
This was the best shot I got of the two girls in the same picture frame.  It never goes well on the first day of trying something new.
Audrey is so lovely!  She took the time to show Lauren where every snake, frog or lizard was inside it's tank.  She is such a wonderful sister.
I really like this shot.  I just wish it was in focus.  I am definitely working on this technique the next time we go...well...if the girls cooperate with me.
Lauren taking a break on a small ledge in the MOLA.  I just love how her little belly sticks out.  

Well, I hope you all have a great day and if you get the chance to go visit the Fort Worth Zoo, check out the MOLA.  It is amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment