Sunday, December 19, 2010

Can I help?

Can I help?  Are you serious!  I love the opportunity to help but to help by taking pictures for a family.  Seriously...that is a privileged!  I am so thankful for this win-win situation.  I get to practice and they get to have Christmas pictures with a quick turn around with the understanding...I am learning.  And learning is what I did indeed.  So, to help me out on this endeavor of learning how to be a better photographer I made a checklist of sorts of things to keep in mind so I can make the most of the opportunities that arise...such as this one.  Well, I got cocky and did not look at my checklist...and in my defense, I got a new toy and was more excited about that rather than reading through my checklist!  Oh, the pain of learning through mistakes.  So, with this photo shoot I did not get as many wonderful shots I got with my last one but I am so thankful for the Martins being so gracious.  Hopefully, they will give me the opportunity of a re-do!  Take a look...
The Beautiful Martin Family!  This is a sweet shot but there is too much negative space in the top right corner.  
Individual shots of the kiddos.  Unfortunately, I did not get the other two...why?  I have no idea!  UGH!!!  Again...I really need to mentally prepare better!
Love this shot of Daddy with his boys!  The lighting is a bit harsh on the bottom right.
Love this shot!  Girls always love their Daddy's kisses!
Cute couple!  Seriously...super cute couple!
Love that we got the baby to smile!  Hello there catchlights!
This one was one of my favorite family shots.  
No...I love this one.  This really highlights the realness of this family.  They are just as awesome in pictures as they are in person!
But, I am sure this shot is the winner for this family.  Great job everyone.  Please...let me have a do over and I am sure we can get even more wonderful pictures!

Have an amazing day and I hope you get the Christmas Cards out in time!  Better late than never is always appreciated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment