Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catch Light Challenge

Recovering from surgery is really waining on me.  I am feeling stir crazy and really lazy.  I know it is apart of the healing process is just to sit around and let my body do its thing, but seriously, it is driving me crazy.  So, today I decided to focus on getting catch light in my photos.  Catch light is the reflective light from a light source such as a window, sky or even a bright lamp and this reflective light can be seen in the subject's eyes.  It is what makes subjects look alive and engaging.  I only got one shot out of around 20 photos but at least I got one.  I guess I really wanted to challenge myself.  Below is a picture of Lauren playing with her gear in motion toy and take notice of the catch light.
Please excuse the fuzzy part in the left bottom part of the picture.  That is part of my leg that I accidentally got in the photo.  Like I said before, I am trying to get better and it really takes making A LOT of mistakes.
Have a Blessed Day!  - The Beaulieu Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment