Friday, August 27, 2010

Growing Girl

Well, today was so laid back and easy.  The girls were in a good mood and played so well together.  I am recovering from my surgery, even though I do feel a slight pain when I have to pick up Lauren, but thankfully it is getting easier each day.  
The big news in Audrey's world is that we got our old computer up and running for her to play games on.  She is loving it.  Of course, she can only play games when Lauren is sleeping because Lauren wants to play with anything that Audrey is playing with.  You know, typical sibling stuff.  
From a photographer's standpoint this computer could not be in a worse place.  It is right next to a window that the afternoon sun just beats down through.  As you can tell from the photo below.  I had to crop part of her head out of the picture because it is so blown out...in other words NO RECOVERY!  

This next shot is a bit better. One of the many pieces of advice that Karen Russell gives is to walk around your subject to get different viewpoints in order to find the best composition and being in a corner, next to a window, well I could only do so much.
Check out the mouse control.  Seriously, she is only 3 and has mastered the mouse already! Amazing!
Finally, I have been thinking about this shot for a couple of days now and I think it would be a bit better if Audrey was in the back ground.  Maybe when Lauren wakes up, I could bribe Audrey to let me take her picture to make this a better story telling picture.  But this is what I got so far.  Can you believe how much she has grown?
Happy Friday everyone.  We hope you all have a great weekend.  - The Beaulieu Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment